Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Step Inside the 1920's


I was walking on the streets of Downtown Los Angeles during art walk last Thursday.  There was an art exhibition being held inside an early or late 1920’s hotel.  Vintage photographs of occupants from the era hung on crème painted walls.  Women dressed in fur, pearls, with fingerwave hairstyles, smiled as you looked upon the photographs.  My jaw dropped in aww at the sight of the beautiful building.  Past the lobby was their hotel hall.  The hall had a tall ceiling with large white pillars.  I felt as if I were walking right into the 1920’s.  I could almost picture myself with a long chiffon dress covered in beads, a feather shaped jewel in my hair, with a martini in hand.  I sometimes wonder about the way of life during the 1920's, wishing I could have taken part in it.  For now, all we have left are photographs, history, and our imagination.    
 

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel










1920's Music Play list: 

1. Annette Hanshaw- You're the Creme in My Coffee 
2. Anette Hanshaw- I'm Following You
3. Ruth Etting- Ten Cents a Dance
4. Ruth Etting- I'm Nobody's Baby
5. Marion Harris- I'm a Jazz Vampire



XoXo
Reyna



No comments:

Post a Comment